Saturday, August 7, 2010

Spider Web (219/365)

2010 08 07 IMG_2171w
“The means to gain happiness is to throw out from oneself like a spider in all directions an adhesive web of love, and to catch in it all that comes”

Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy (Russian moral Thinker, Novelist and Philosopher. 1828-1910)

TIME:  7:00 PM
PLACE:  Dr. Tom Amlung Nature Trail
SUBJECT:  Spider web

I rode my bicycle early this morning but forgot my camera.  Of course I saw many things I wanted to take a picture of, but since I didn’t have my camera with me, I couldn’t.  Grrrrrr.  This evening, after dinner, I escaped from the house and children and drove the Miata out to the Nature Trail (which is part of the bike trail) at the college campus.  I spent at least an hour there taking pictures and then headed to the nearby Wal-Mart to pick up some school supplies and other assorted items.  My, how my Saturday nights have changed from when I was in my twenties.

2 comments:

Mari said...

Nice capture of that web! I always have trouble with spiderwebs.
Yes - life sure does change!

bentonflocke said...

wonderful, to escape and to have an evening taking pictures.

Great shot from the spider web