Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Horse Hooky (229/365)

2010 08 17 IMG_2616w 
“I bet on a horse at ten-to-one.  It didn't come in until half-past five.”

Henny Youngman (
British-born comedian and violinist famous for "one-liners", 1906–1998)

TIME:  1:04 PM
PLACE:  Fairmount Park Racetrack
SUBJECT:  Horse & jockey

Being the good mothers that we are, my sister and I took the kids to the racetrack this afternoon.  We consumed $1.00 hotdogs and 0.75 cent sodas; I bought a tip sheet and proceeded to lose each and every race where I placed a bet.  Heck, I couldn’t even pick the right window to place my bet ~ I always seemed to get in the one queue that had issues.  My sister did win once, on the first bet she made – she received a whole $2.40 on her $2.00 bet.  Oh yeah, we are the original high stakes gamblers.

2 comments:

Mari said...

You may not have won money, but you got a great shot!

bentonflocke said...

Like that action shot - captured in the right moment