Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August Tree (243/365)

2010 08 31 IMG_9612w 
"August rushes by like desert rainfall,
A flood of frenzied upheaval,
Expected,
But still catching me unprepared.
Like a matchflame
Bursting on the scene,
Heat and haze of crimson sunsets.
Like a dream
Of moon and dark barely recalled,
A moment,
Shadows caught in a blink.
Like a quick kiss;
One wishes for more
But it suddenly turns to leave,
Dragging summer away."

Elizabeth Maua Taylor


TIME:  3:51 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Red Sunset Maple Tree

It’s hard to believe that tomorrow is September 1st.  Why do the summers go by so quickly, but the winters seem to drag on forever?  While driving to my annual ob-gyn exam today (I didn’t take a photo there because I figured a picture of the stirrups might be a bit too much sharing), I came to the conclusion that time seems to go by faster as we get older because each day becomes a smaller percentage of our lives.  For example, one year is 1/10th of a 10 year olds life, while it is 1/43rd of mine.  And it just keeps getting smaller all the time.  This has been deep thoughts with Sujomi.

3 comments:

Mari said...

I'm enjoying your tree pictures!

bentonflocke said...

I agree with Mari - love that maple tree in all seasons!

Christina said...

I like the tree full of leaves, but it won't be long till the beautiful colors of autumn. I shouldn't wish the days away, but August seemed like the longest month. Happy for September to finally be here.