Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First Day Of School 2010 (230/365)

2010 08 18 IMG_2633w
“If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.“

Edgar W. Howe (American novelist and newspaper and magazine editor, 1853-1937)

TIME:  7:37 AM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  DramaQueen, StellaDella & MonkeyBoy

Time for the annual first day of school photograph.  I’ve been taking these in the same spot, in front of the Capital Pear tree, since at least 2005.  It could be earlier, but 2005 is the earliest I have on the computer and I’m too lazy to dig through the boxes of older photos right now.  I take photos of each child individually – a full body shot and a headshot – and then a group photo the same way.  I like seeing the kiddos and the tree grow and change over the years. 

And how bad is it that I’ve had the song, “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” in my head all day long?

3 comments:

Christina said...

Great photo!

Mari said...

Nice shot! I used to do the same with my kids, although they got sick of it! Love the quote too. :)

bentonflocke said...

really beautiful shot