Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Defrosted (236/365)

2010 08 24 IMG_2913w

Narrator: Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery, was frozen in 1967 and defrosted in the Nineties to battle his nemesis, Dr. Evil. After foiling his archenemy's plan to send a nuclear warhead to the center of the earth, Austin banished Dr. Evil to the cold recesses of space and settled down with his new wife, Vanessa, to live happily ever after. Or so he thought...

Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me. Perf. Tony Jay. Dir. Jay Roach. 1999. New Line Cinema.

TIME:  6:16 PM
PLACE:  Basement
SUBJECT:  Freezer

I went to the grocery store after lunch to pick up a few items.  When I returned home, I went downstairs to put away the frozen stuff.  As I went to open the freezer door, I noticed water puddling by my feet and thought, “This is not good.”  It wasn’t.  All of the meat was unthawed and beginning to smell; the frozen vegetable bags and dinner boxes were all soft and squishy.  Into the trash bag it all went.  In addition, the ice build up was tremendous and a frozen tundra of frost covered the shelves.  HH and I launched an investigation and determined the culprit.  It was MonkeyBoy.  He did not close the door tightly Saturday morning when retrieving his water containers for football practice.  As punishment, we’re locking him in the un-insulated attic for a week with only bread and water to eat.  (I’m kidding!)  *Sigh*  Well, I hadn’t defrosted the freezer in over a year.  I guess it was time anyway.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I need to defrost my freezer, but not that way!

bentonflocke said...

We have a no frost freezer - so we didn´t have to defrost.

Poor MB... water and bread will be hard for him...