Thursday, March 17, 2011

Horse Shadows (076/365)

2011 03 17 IMG_0076w
“Horse, you flame thrower,
you shark-mouthed man,
you laughter at the end of poems,
you brown furry locomotive
whipping the snow, I am
a pale shadow beside you.”

Anne Sexton (1928-1974), U.S. poet. "Horse."

TIME:  4:16 PM
PLACE:  Living room
SUBJECT:  Horse figures

It was a beautiful, lovely, sunny and warm St. Patrick’s Day.  I spent the morning with my sister, got my hair cut and walked up to the school with the dog at 3pm to pick up Miss StellaDella.  After arriving home, she spent some time bothering her brother and his friend, then brought up the box of Schleich animal figures and set them up on the living room floor in the sunshine that streamed through the open front door.  I loved the long shadows they cast on the floor.

1 comment:

Mari said...

This is really the best shadow shot ever!