Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Birthday Gift From My Dad (121/365)

2011 05 01 IMG_1401w
“A gift, with a kind countenance, is a double present”

Thomas Fuller (British Clergyman and Writer, one of the most prolific authors of the 17th century. 1608-1661)

TIME:  12:15 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  Fritos, Bologna & Bread

On my birthday (and my brothers’ and sister’s as well), Dad usually just sends an e-mail with “Happy Birthday!” written in several colors and in a ginormous font; so it caught me by surprise as we were speaking on the phone on Friday, when he mentioned that he had a gift for me and wanted to bring it by the house later that evening.  Hmmmmm, what could it be?  After HandsomeHusband and I returned home from our dinner date, I called Dad and let him know we were home.  He arrived soon thereafter bearing a big grin and a gift bag.  In it was….a bag of Fritos, a package of Oscar Mayer Beef Bologna and a loaf of Soft-Twist white Bunny bread - all. my. fa-vor-ites!  Awww, my Dad remembers what I write about (see day #60).  Thanks Pop!  I thoroughly enjoyed your gift at lunch today (MonkeyBoy did too.)

2 comments:

Mari said...

Nice gift! I love that he enjoyed giving it so much too.

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

This kind of gift can be double edged - they are your favourites? Fine! If your family like them - oh! eaten already and you only have two bites.

Lucy