Thursday, May 26, 2011

Merry-Go-Round (146/365)

2011 05 26 _MG_2230w
Life's just a merry-go-round. Come on up. You might get a brass ring.

Mae West (American Actress and sex symbol, 1892-1980)

TIME:  3:46 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  Vintage Fisher Price Merry-Go-Round

This was my last day of Thursday freedom from work AND children until August when they return to school – so you know I didn’t spend it at home cleaning like I should have.  Oh no, no, no.  I ventured to the new Goodwill Outlet in St. Louis, where they sell by the pound and new crap goodies are wheeled out in huge plastic containers every twenty minutes.  *singsong voice*  I. was. in. heaven!  I found a nice Pyrex divided dish, some baseball cleats for StellaDella, several books, some vintage Christmas items, and a bunch of other tchotchkes I really didn’t need, all for the low, low price of $15.76.  That price included this toy as well – I remember seeing it in the Sears Christmas Wish Book as a youngster and thinking it was pretty nifty.  Funny, I don’t ever remember asking Santa for it though.  That could be why I never found it under the tree.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I like it! You did good. :)