Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Purple Tuesday (130/365)

2011 05 10 _MG_1637w
“When the deep purple falls over sleepy garden walls, and the stars begin to flicker in the sky,…”

Mitchell Parish (1901-1993), U.S. songwriter. "Deep Purple," Robbins Music Corp. (1939). Music composed by Peter De Rose (1900-1953).

TIME:  8:07 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Purple Salvia

I volunteered this morning to work the snack stand at school district’s Field Day.  We had chips, soda, water, Gatorade and sno-cones.  Guess what the majority of the kids wanted – sno-cones - labor intensive, rainbow sno-cones.  I wanted to take a photo of the sticky, syrupy chaos that ensued, but I was too busy making change for 50 cent sno-cones that always seemed to be paid for with $20 bills.  More importantly, I didn’t have my camera with me which kind of makes it harder to take the photo at all.  Therefore, I’m going with the old fallback shot…flowers!

No comments: