Friday, May 27, 2011

My Favorite Son And My Chair (147/365)

2011 05 27 IMG_2275w
Me: “MonkeyBoy, always remember that you are my favorite son.”
MB: “I’m your ONLY son.”
Me:  “There you go.”

Conversation MB and I often have..

TIME:  2:16 PM
PLACE:  School
SUBJECT:  MonkeyBoy

MB’s last full day of grade school was capped off with a ceremony honoring the 6th grade students who are moving on to junior high in the fall.  Certificates were given to students who best represented the district’s different monthly life skills for character words.  MB was recognized for exemplifying Self-Discipline - “..thinking about your words and actions and then making choices that are right for you and others”.  Yes, I teared up during the ceremony.  That’s what mom’s do.
~*~*~
And, because I am excited about it….here is the freshly painted metal chair and an old pillow with a newly sewn cover I whipped up this evening.  That’s one summer project off my ever expanding list – now I need to start on the glider.
2011 05 27 _MG_2309w

No comments: