Sunday, May 15, 2011

Percussion Caps (135/365)

2011 05 15 _MG_1693w
“The possibilities of percussion sounds, I believe, have never been fully realized.”

Charles Edward Ives (October 20, 1874 – May 19, 1954) American modernist composer

TIME:  8:31 PM
PLACE:  Kitchen
SUBJECT:  Bottle cap bells

DramaQueen worked on a music project today.  Her assignment:  Create a musical instrument and document your process.  She went with the percussion group and made a tree from dowels with four branches.  Off each branch hangs a different item to percuss with a homemade mallet….a paper plate tambourine filled with beads; a single chime, bracelet jangles and these bottle cap bells.  I showed her how to drill a hole to insert the dowels into the main trunk and she did the others.  Other than a slight mishap with plaster of paris spillage on the kitchen floor (quickly wiped up) it went smoothly.  Even though she did 99% of the work, I think I’m ready for school projects to be over for awhile.

2 comments:

Mari said...

I think you are supermom! Nice job!

Christina said...

I like this project!