Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother’s Day Project (128/365)

2011 05 08 _MG_1549w

“To the illumined man or woman, a clod of dirt, a stone, and gold are the same.”

Bhagavad Gītā (Sanskrit: भगवद्गीता, Kannada: ಭಗವದ್ಗೀತೆ, IPA: [ˈbʱəɡəʋəd̪ ɡiːˈt̪aː], Song of God). Also more simply known as Gita, is a Sanatana Dharma or Hindu scripture produced from the colloquy given by Sri Krishna to Arjuna during the Kurukshetra War.

TIME:  7:42 PM
PLACE:  Front yard
SUBJECT:  Terracing

This is a project I’ve been wanting to do for quite some time – terracing around the Capital Pear tree in the front yard.  I even had my dad roped talked into helping out once I purchases the materials.  But - lucky him! – after my Mother’s Day breakfast, and the receiving of gifts from the children (earrings from DQ, a coupon book from MB and a 1st grade mother’s cookbook from SD) I mentioned to HH that I would like to do this and he agreed to help me build it today.  We went to a landscaping material and supply company and picked up the retaining blocks that matched the pavers I have around the front flower beds.  On the way home, we stopped my Mom’s grave and left a green hummingbird garden stake for Mother’s Day.  After we arrived home, it only took about 3 hours to build and, I am proud to say, HH and I did it without bickering…a first for us!  I’m loving how it turned out…HH does too.  Now I need to buy some annuals to plant in it next to the mum.

1 comment:

Mari said...

It looks really nice!