Monday, May 2, 2011

Bachelor’s Buttons (122/365)

2011 05 02 IMG_1404w
"None can have a healthy love for flowers unless he loves the wild ones." 

Forbes Watson (Art critic, Arts administrator
New York, N.Y. b. 1880 d. 1960)

TIME:  7:16 PM
PLACE:  By the railroad tracks
SUBJECT:  Wild Bachelor Button flowers

I love these wild flowers that line the sides of the railroad tracks near my house.  I noticed that they were in bloom while taking MonkeyBoy to his Boy Scout meeting tonight.  They remind me of my childhood and all the times my brothers and I would play in the field that was next to our house.  A railroad track ran by the field and these flowers would grow all along the track border in abundance in the spring.  I remember picking these flowers and giving blue and purple bouquets to my mom.

1 comment:

Mari said...

I love the brilliant blue of these flowers.