Monday, May 23, 2011

Anybody Got A Quarter I Can Borrow? (143/365)

2011 05 23 IMG_1963w
“I like vending machines, because snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at the store, oftentimes I will drop it so that is achieves its maximum flavor potential.”

Mitch Hedberg (American Comedian, 1968-2005)

TIME:  11:13 AM
PLACE:  St. Louis Zoo
SUBJECT:  Peacock at vending machine

The 1st graders (along with the kindergarteners) had their field trip today and StellaDella insisted that I go with her.  I had her and two other girls in my group to chaperone.  I think this was the highlight of the day – we stopped to eat our lunches and the resident peacock sauntered by and started pecking at the vending machines.  It looked like he wanted Doritos, M&Ms and water to eat.  The kids thought it was the funniest thing they had ever seen.  More than likely, he saw his reflection in the front panel and was letting that other peacock know he didn’t appreciate him being there.  A storm with high winds rolled into the area right after we entered the Insectarium.  After it settled down to slightly less than a downpour, we sloshed our way back to the bus.  I do believe that I’ve had enough of wet, rainy field trips for now.

1 comment:

Mari said...

That's a good one!